- This is the second mention in blogs, but I haven’t seen it confirmed by a news service: Apparently, Google Earth’s servers are inaccessible in Morocco. (Either that or somebody had trouble connecting and before you know it, a meme is born.) Can anybody in Morocco confirm or deny this story?
- Oracle publishes a detailed technical article by mappinghacks.com‘s Rich Gibson on how to Build a Google Earth Interface on Oracle Database XE. The examples use PHP. (Via Arun’s Blog)
- Le Blogue du LFG finds another remarkable KML resource: Methalithic portal’s online database of over 15,000 prehistoric monuments is now online.
For my own reference, now:
- James Fee is right. Loc.alize.us‘s Flickr geotagging bookmarklet is the easiest way to georeference one’s photos. Once they’re in there, view them in Google Earth thus.
- Geody is a very interesting geosearch portal. Unique feature: Look up stuff on the moon and other planets. back on Earth, search results come linked to Google Earth, NASA World Wind, etc…