Google’s just release an update to Google Earth — it’s a maintenance release, and these are some specific bugs they’ve now fixed:
- Occasional layer crash (when selecting “show core”)
- Non-admin users can’t fetch network links of kmz files (kml works) – Rumsey and 3d buildings fail
- Default to DX on Vista on first run due to poor OGL support
- Index buffers aren’t endian safe – problem with buildings on PPC Mac
- Crash in OGL visual context on cards that don’t support ARB_imaging
- Toolbar Update for Vista – current toolbar won’t autoupdate on Vista
Once you download the latest version, your build numbers should be 4.0.2737 on the PC, 4.0.2736 on the Mac, and 4.0.2735. Source: The Google Earth team. Thanks!