Some recent content for Google Earth that I’ve enjoyed:
- Last Chance to See: Endangered species highlighted by Douglas Adams back in the 1980s — highlighted again via KML.
- A placemark collection of 80 moated castles in Germany. Useful, considering Germany is entirely in high resolution.
- This one’s just lovely (maybe because I know many of the locations): belgeoblog has come out with a big placemark collection with scans of georeferenced antique postcards of Belgium. The ones from the coast are especially interesting.
Some interesting links & news:
- Digitally Distributed Environments interviews the maker of the Canary Wharf models available in 3D Warehouse.
- NASA World Wind’s KML support is improving.
- AECnews.com reports on FreeDimension, which looks like a very original 3D design application, to be released August 7. It will support Google SketchUp, says AECnews.com.
- Adena Schutzberg at All Points Blog appears to have a DigitalGlobe representative confirming the exclusive deal between Google Earth and DigitalGlobe for web publishing of DigitalGlobe data.