- An impressive piece of sleuthing: Christoph Burgdorfer dates a Google Earth satellite image to within a 5-minute timeframe.
- 3DNature is working on using the new features in KML 2.1 to improve its export functionality. (Previously, Ogle Earth found fault with a workaround.)
The rest of this post falls victim to the demands of World Cup Football (i.e. follow Planet GeoSpatial to read it first):
- High Earth Orbit points out that GeoNames does reverse geocoding. In other words, coordinates go in, an address comes out.
- On Digitally Distributed Environments, Andrew Hudson-Smith notices accuracy problems when importing from SketchUp into Google Earth.
- Brian Flood reviews the possibilities of the new features in KML 2.1.